Off-shore oil & gas
Off-shore facilities are exposed to a number of bird-related risks that may result in significant asset damages among other bad accidents. Birds are natural enemies of helicopters, being the main vehicle of transport to and from a platform. Apart from the risk of bird strike with the aircraft, bird waste and excrements on a helipad may compromise signage visibility with potentially deadly consequences in bad weather conditions.
Expensive machinery, pipe networks, and industrial exhaust ducts are all prone to damage from the presence of birds and their activity around the platform, leading to costly repairs and operational disturbances.
Our automated and manual solutions for off-shore facilities can help keep birds away, securing a safe working environment in nature-friendly way.
Solutions applicable to off-shore oil & gas
Fixed automatic detection and deterrence solution. A configuration of BCAS Air units can create a safety zone around the entire platform, keeping it bird-free, 24/7, in all weather conditions.
- Automatic detection and acoustic deterrence of birds
- State-of-the-art engineering and software
- Thermal imaging, 24/7 all-weather operation
- Detailed database with video records and logs of every detection
Manually operated UAV with a powerful acoustic emitter. Appropriate for manually deterring birds away from distant or unreachable parts of the platform. Can be used too for inspection purposes.
- UAV-mounted acoustic deterrence of birds and terrestrial animals
- Powerful acoustic emitter, no habituation
- Up to 50 min flight time on a single charge
- 2 HD day cameras for inspection / surveillance
- Automatic “mission” regime through pre-defined flight trajectories
A backup deterrence tool for scaring birds away from helipads, open-air areas, building facades, and other structures within the platform
- Hand-held 4-beam bird deterrence laser
- Noiseless deterrence in case acoustic emission is inappropriate or undesired
- Tilt sensor for automatic safety power off
- 2+ km effective range
- No habituation